Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Our three dogs

Hello,
A few months back I moved in with boyfriend and his cocker spaniel. I myself have two dogs that came with me as well. It has been an interesting transition for the three of them. My boyfriends cocker spaniel had never lived with any other dogs so she has had a lot of adjusting to do. The boxer and the yorkie have done reasonably well with the move. It took some time for them to get use to different surroundings and people but for the most part they took it okay. My boxer did have one physical battle shortly after she moved in. She wound up getting a case of alopecia ( hair loss in dogs). It can be caused by a number of things, but I believe hers was due to stress. We had to give her melatonin a sleep aide for humans. Sounds funny but in dogs it can regrow hair that is lost. It worked and she looks normal again, but it took about two months before she got it all back. My little yorkie got use to things pretty quick. She warmed right up to my boyfriend. She lays by him in the office just quiet as can be. She has become his little shadow she follows him everywhere. My boxer and his cocker have fought a little, but for the most part have tollerated each other. They both want to be boss of the house some days ,(the alpha female thing) so occasionally we have had to intervene. But for the most part its been good. The biggest problem we have had, is his cocker spaniel doesn't understand what play is. When my boxer and the yorkie get to playing she acts like mother hen. She goes over to them barking, like she's trying to get them to stop. As a result we have knicknamed her Henrietta. This is a nice place to stop for the day enjoy!!!

No comments: